SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Prepare gas or charcoal grill for two-zone fire over low heat (200 degrees F).****
2. In 10-inch cast-iron skillet place blocks of cheese about 2 inches apart.
3. Drain then add wood chips to charcoal; cover grill. (For a gas grill, add wood chips according to manufacturer's directions). When smoke appears, place skillet on grate, opposite from coals. Cover and cook 30 to 45 minutes, until cheese is melted in two pools that run together. Do not overcook, which causes cheese to separate.
4. Meanwhile, for salsa, in large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion, jalapeno, and garlic about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened. Add tomatoes and oregano; cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes release juices. Remove from heat. Season with salt.
5. Spoon salsa over melted cheese in skillet. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve immediately with tortilla chips (cheese will firm as it cools).