SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a large bowl combine garlic powder, salt, oregano, coriander, cumin, ground ancho pepper, and cinnamon; set aside. Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 2-inch pieces. Add meat to spice mixture; toss gently to coat.
2. In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook meat, one-third at a time, in hot oil until brown. Using a slotted spoon, transfer meat to a 4 1/2- or 5-quart slow cooker with a car adapter. Add bay leaves. Pour broth over meat.
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours. Using a slotted spoon, remove meat from cooker, reserving cooking liquid. Remove and discard bay leaves. Using two forks, pull meat apart into coarse shreds. Transfer shredded meat to a storage container; stir in the reserved cooking liquid and lime peel. Cover and chill overnight.Tailgate day::
4. Return meat mixture to slow cooker. Cover and reheat on high-heat setting about 2 hours or until heated through.
5. Tightly cover slow cooker and tote in an insulated carrier. Tote desired toppings in an insulated cooler with ice packs.
6. At the tailgating site, plug slow cooker into car adapter and keep meat mixture warm on warm-heat setting. To serve, spoon meat mixture onto tortillas; add toppings. Fold bottom of each tortilla up over filling. Fold in sides; roll up tortilla.