SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a Dutch oven cook sausage over medium-high heat until brown, using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Drain off fat. Remove sausage from Dutch oven; set aside. In the same Dutch oven cook ground beef over medium-high heat until brown; drain off fat. Return sausage to Dutch oven. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, vinegar, salt, and crushed red pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook sweet peppers, onion, and garlic in hot oil over medium heat until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir onion mixture into meat mixture; cool slightly. Transfer meat mixture to a storage container; cover and chill overnight.Tailgate day::
3. Transfer meat mixture to a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with a car adapter. Cover and reheat on high-heat setting for 2 to 3 hours or until heated through.
4. Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Place half of the rolls, cut sides up, on a large baking sheet. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until rolls are toasted. Repeat with the remaining rolls; cool. Place rolls in a resealable plastic bag.
5. Tightly cover slow cooker and tote in an insulated carrier. Tote rolls at room temperature. Tote cheese and banana peppers in an insulated cooler with ice packs.
6. At the tailgating site, plug slow cooker into car adapter and keep meat mixture warm on warm-heat setting. To serve, fill rolls with cheese and meat mixture. Serve with banana peppers.