SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, coat a 2-quart slow cooker with cooking spray or line the slow cooker with a disposable liner. Place berries in cooker and sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
2. For batter, separate eggs. In a medium bowl combine the 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the flour, lemon peel, and salt. Add milk, lemon juice, vegetable oil spread, and egg yolks. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute.
3. Thoroughly wash beaters. In another bowl beat egg whites with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Fold egg whites into batter. Carefully pour batter over berries in cooker, spreading evenly.
4. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. If cake begins to look too brown on one side, rotate the crockery liner 180 degrees halfway through cooking. Turn off cooker. If possible remove crockery liner from cooker; cool, uncovered, for 1 hour on a wire rack before serving.
5. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar.