SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Rinse beans. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven combine beans and enough water to cover. Bring to boiling. Boil, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse beans. Place in a 4- or 5-quart slow cooker. Add broth, garlic, cumin, coriander, turmeric, and salt.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
3. Stir yogurt, tahini, and lemon juice into mixture in cooker. Using an immersion blender,** carefully blend soup. Stir in parsley.
4. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Chop enough pita bread into - to 1/2-inch pieces to equal 2 cups; toss with olive oil. Spread in a shallow baking pan; bake for 12 to 13 minutes or until crisp, stirring once.
5. Serve soup topped with sweet pepper, pita bread pieces, and, if desired, sesame seeds.