SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a small heavy saucepan heat half-and-half over medium-low heat just until bubbly. Remove from heat; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine egg yolks, the sugar, 1 Tbsp. honey, and vanilla. Beat with a wire whisk just until combined. Slowly whisk in the hot half-and-half.
3. Place four shallow 8-oz. ramekins or four 6- to 10-oz. custard cups in a roasting pan. Pour custard in dishes. Place pan on oven rack. Carefully pour boiling water into pan to halfway yup sides of dishes.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes for shallow dishes or 35 to 40 minutes for deep dishes, just until a knife inserted near center comes out clean (centers will jiggle slightly). Carefully remove ramekins from water; cool on a wire rack. Cover; refrigerated for 1 to 8 hours.
5. Just before serving, in a large skillet heat 3/4 cup honey. Arrange pineapple slices in honey in skillet. Bring to gentle boiling over medium-high heat. Boil, uncovered, 15 minutes (honey will bubble), until honey has thickened and begins to darken and pineapple is tender. Place a pineapple ring on each custard. Drizzle with some of the reserved honey. Sprinkle with sea salt if desired.