SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Remove all unpopped kernels from popped popcorn. Place popcorn and pumpkin seeds into a 17x12x2-inch roasting pan. Keep warm in oven while preparing caramel.
2. Butter a large sheet of foil; set aside. For caramel, in a medium saucepan combine brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils. Continue boiling at a moderate, steady rate, without stirring, for 5 minutes more.
3. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla. Pour caramel over popcorn mixture; stir gently to coat. Bake for 15 minutes. Stir mixture; bake for 5 minutes more. Spread popcorn mixture on prepared foil; cool completely.
4. In a small saucepan combine chocolate, shortening, ancho chile pepper, coffee powder, and cinnamon. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and smooth.
5. Drizzle chocolate mixture over popcorn mixture; if desired, toss gently to coat. Let stand at room temperature or in the refrigerator until set. Break mixture into clusters. Spoon into gift container.