SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Sprinkle chicken with pepper. Place chicken in a 3- to 4-quart slow cooker. Add celery, onion, and garlic. In a small bowl combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, sherry, chili sauce, and sesame oil. Stir into mixture in cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
3. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a cutting board, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid. When chicken is cool enough to handle, remove chicken from bones, discard bones. Shred chicken by pulling two forks through it in opposite directions.
4. For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine the reserved 1/2 cup cooking liquid and the rice vinegar. Cover and shake until combined; set aside.
5. In a large salad bowl combine chicken, romaine, carrot, cashews, and cilantro. Before serving, shake dressing and drizzle over salad. Toss to coat.