SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Peel and shred enough of the apple to measure 1/3 cup. In a large bowl combine the 1/3 cup apple, oil, garlic, pepper, fennel seeds, salt, thyme, and nutmeg. Add ground pork; mix well.
2. Shape a scant 1/4 cup pork mixture into a ball and use your finger to make a deep indentation in top. Fill indentation with 1 to 2 teaspoons cheese; press pork mixture to enclose filling. Reshape pork mixture into a ball and flatten into a 2 1/2-inch-diameter patty. Place on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pork mixture and cheese. Cover and chill for 1 to 4 hours.
3. For a charcoal grill, grill patties on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium coals for 10 to 12 minutes or until done (160 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place patties on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
4. Serve burgers in buns topped with Grilled Apple-Fennel Slaw.
1. Fold a 36x18-inch sheet of heavy foil in half to make an 18-inch square. Coarsely shred apple and cut fennel into thin, bite-size strips. Place apple and fennel in the center of foil; top with vinegar, butter, brown sugar, salt, and cayenne pepper. Bring up two opposite edges of foil and seal with a double fold. Fold remaining ends to completely enclose apple mixture, leaving space for steam to build. Grill apple packet alongside patties for 10 to 12 minutes or until fennel is tender.