SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Use any suggested pan size and bake according to package directions. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Line trays or baking sheets with waxed paper; set aside.
2. Remove cooled cake from pan and crumble into a very large mixing bowl. Add frosting. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Using a small scoop, drop mixture into 1-1/2-inch mounds onto prepared trays; roll mounds into balls and freeze for 30 minutes.
3. In a small microwave-safe dish heat 1 ounce of the candy coating (about 1/4 cup) on 50 percent power (medium) for 60 seconds until melted and smooth, stirring once. Dip one end of each lollipop stick into melted candy coating and poke sticks into balls (this helps the balls stay on the sticks). Freeze for 30 to 60 minutes more or until balls are firm.
4. Place remaining candy coating and chopped chocolate in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat until melted and smooth, stirring frequently. Working in batches, dip balls into melted chocolate mixture. Allow excess to drip off; place balls on clean waxed paper-lined trays or baking sheets.* After coating is set, transfer to storage containers and store, covered, in refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature at least 30 minutes before serving.
1. In a medium mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually add 2/3 cup of the powdered sugar, beating well. Gradually beat in 2 tablespoons of the milk and the vanilla. Gradually beat in the remaining 2 cups powdered sugar until smooth. If necessary, beat in enough of the remaining milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to reach spreading consistency.