SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl beat butter and shortening with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, maple syrup, baking soda, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in the eggs, maple flavoring, and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour and the ground pecans. Stir in white baking pieces.
3. Press dough evenly into prepared pan. If desired, sprinkle with additional chopped pecans.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 28 minutes or until golden brown and center is set. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Using the edges of the foil, gently lift cookies out of pan and place on a cutting board, leaving cookies on foil. Cut cookies crosswise into 4-1/2x1/2-inch slices. Place slices, cut sides down, about 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for about 12 minutes or until cut edges are crisp. Carefully transfer cookies to wire rack (cookies will be tender); cool completely.