SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Prepare Hand Pie Dough.
2. In a small bowl, combine apricots and bourbon; soak for 1 hour, until fruit is softened and most liquid is absorbed. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
3. Wrap sweet potatoes in foil. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until soft. Remove from oven. Discard foil; cool potatoes. When cool enough to handle, remove and discard peels.
4. Reduce oven to 375 degrees F. For filling, in a bowl combine potatoes, apricots and bourbon, sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, and salt. Mash to consistency of mashed potatoes.
5. Lightly grease two rimmed baking sheets; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll Hand Pie Dough slightly less than 1/4-inch thickness. With a 4- to 5-inch round cookie cutter or small knife, cut 16 to 20 rounds (reroll dough as necessary). Place about 2 Tbsp. filling on one side of each round, leaving 1/2-inch unfilled border.
6. For egg wash, in a small bowl mix cream and egg. Brush edges of rounds with egg wash; fold unfilled side over filling. Crimp edges with a fork to seal. With a paring knife, cut small slits in top of each pie to vent steam.
7. Place pies on prepared baking sheets. Brush tops with remaining egg wash; sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through baking, until golden brown.
8. Remove from oven; cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature.