SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Prepare Almond Pastry. On a lightly floured surface roll two-thirds of the pastry from center to edges into a 12-inch circle. Wrap pastry circle around the rolling pin. Unroll into an 11-inch tart pan with a removable bottom; press pastry into fluted sides of pan and trim edges.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. For filling, in a small bowl crumble almond paste. Stir in egg white and brown sugar. Spread or gently pat filling evenly into the pastry-lined tart pan. In a medium bowl toss together peaches, berries, dried apricots, and jam. Spoon fruit mixture into tart pan. Sprinkle with almonds.
3. Roll remaining pastry until 1/8 inch thick. Cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips; top tart with pastry strips in a lattice pattern. Trim the pastry strips even with the edge of the tart pan. Press ends of strips against the pan to seal. Lightly brush pastry strips with milk, and, if desired, sprinkle with coarse decorating sugar.
4. Bake for 1 hour or until crust is golden. Cool on a wire rack for 30 to 60 minutes. Remove sides from tart pan.
1. In a medium bowl stir together flour, ground almonds, sugar, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in cold butter and shortening until pieces are pea size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon ice water over part of the flour mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push moistened pastry to the side of the bowl. Repeat moistening flour mixture, using 1 tablespoon water at a time, until all the flour mixture is moistened. Gather flour mixture into a ball, kneading gently until it holds together. Flatten dough into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 2 to 24 hours or until dough is easy to handle.