SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare Salted Pecan Crust. On a large piece of lightly floured parchment paper, slightly flatten pastry. Roll pastry from center to edges into a 13-inch circle. Slide paper with pastry onto a large baking sheet; set aside.
2. Cut peel off oranges, removing all of the white pith. Thinly slice oranges crosswise; discard any seeds and white pith from centers. Arrange orange slices in center of pastry, leaving the outer 2 inches uncovered. Fold uncovered pastry up over orange slices, pleating as necessary to keep pastry flat against fruit. Lightly brush pastry top and sides with milk; sprinkle entire tart with turbinado sugar.
3. Bake about 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan bring maple syrup to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, until reduced by half (12 to 15 minutes); cool slightly.
4. Spoon the reduced maple syrup over tart. Transfer tart on parchment paper to a serving platter or board. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature. If desired, serve with Sweetened Whipped Cream and sprinkle with toasted pecans.
1. In a medium bowl stir together 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup very finely chopped toasted pecans,* 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in 1/2 cup cold butter, cut up, until pieces are pea size. In a small bowl combine 2 lightly beaten egg yolks and 1 tablespoon ice water. Gradually stir egg yolk mixture into flour mixture. Using your fingers, gently knead dough just until a ball forms. Cover and chill for 30 to 60 minutes or until dough is easy to handle.
2. In a chilled mixing bowl beat whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
1. In a medium bowl stir together flour, pecans, brown sugar, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until pieces are pea size. In a small bowl combine egg yolks and water. Gradually stir egg yolk mixture into flour mixture. Using your fingers, gently knead the dough just until a ball forms. Cover dough with plastic wrap and chill for 30 to 60 minutes or until dough is easy to handle.