SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Score an "X" into the top of the pomegranate. Break apart into quarters. Working in a bowl of cool water, immerse each quarter; use your fingers to loosen the seeds from the white membrane. Discard peel and membrane. Drain the seeds; set aside.
2. Cut each persimmon in half; remove core. Slice into 1/4- to 1/2-inch-thick slices.
3. In a large bowl combine mesclun and green onions. Drizzle 1/2 cup of the Pine Nut-Persimmon Vinaigrette over musclun; toss to coat.
4. To serve, arrange mesclun mixture on six chilled salad plates. Arrange persimmons and oranges on top of greens, tucking a few in and under leaves. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. Pass the remaining Pine Nut-Persimmon Vinaigrette.
1. Remove the core from one large ripe Fuyu persimmon; cut in half. Scoop out pulp (you should have about 1/3 cup), discarding skin. Place pulp in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Add olive oil; red or white wine vinegar; toasted pine nuts; blood orange peel; blood orange juice; honey; shallot; mustard; cinnamon; and pepper. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Makes about 1-1/4 cups.