SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 1/2-inch cubes. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, stir together meat, onion, sweet pepper, undrained chili beans with chili gravy, drained kidney or pinto beans, undrained tomatoes, broth, chipotle chile peppers or crushed red pepper, cumin, garlic salt, and oregano.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
3. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. If you have an oval slow cooker, using two spoons, drop all of the Corn Bread Dumplings dough into small mounds onto the bubbling mixture in slow cooker. (If you have a round cooker, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Drop half of the Corn Bread Dumplings dough onto the bubbling mixture. Spoon remaining batter into two or three greased muffin cups. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.)
4. Cover and cook for 20 to 25 minutes more or until a toothpick inserted into a dumpling comes out clean. (Do not lift cover during cooking.) Top each serving with cheddar cheese. If desired, garnish with green onion strips.
1. In a large bowl combine corn muffin mix, cheese, and green onions. In a small bowl beat egg with a fork; stir in sour cream. Stir egg mixture into cheese mixture.