SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Butter foil; set pan aside.
2. Butter the sides of a 3-quart heavy saucepan. In the saucepan combine sugar, evaporated milk, and salt. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture boils. Reduce heat to medium; continue cooking for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove saucepan from heat. Add white baking pieces and marshmallow creme. Beat mixture vigorously with a clean wooden spoon for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture starts to thicken. Pour half of the mixture (about 2 cups) into a bowl. For the white chocolate layer, stir 2 teaspoons of the vanilla into mixture in bowl; set aside.
4. For the dark chocolate layer, add the 4 ounces chopped dark chocolate and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla into mixture in saucepan; stir until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Remove 1/3 cup of the dark chocolate mixture; set aside. Immediately spread remaining dark chocolate mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
5. Gently spoon the white chocolate mixture over the dark chocolate mixture; spread fudge evenly to edges of pan. Swirl in the reserved dark chocolate mixture. Cool for 15 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with additional finely chopped dark chocolate.
6. Cover; chill for 2 to 3 hours or until firm. When fudge is firm, using the edges of the foil, lift fudge out of pan. Cut fudge into squares.