SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a medium bowl stir together crushed gingersnaps and melted butter; press onto the bottoms and up the sides of eight 4-1/2-inch individual tart pans. Place tart pans on a baking sheet and bake about 10 minutes or until light brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
2. In a medium saucepan bring the water to boiling. Remove from heat; stir in dried cranberries. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
3. In another medium saucepan combine sour cream, sugar, cornstarch, egg yolks, and salt. Stir in the water-cranberry mixture. Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly; reduce heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and the 1/2 teaspoon orange peel. Spoon evenly into prepared tart shells. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
4. Spoon Double Vanilla Whipped Cream into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe whipped cream onto the tarts. Remove tarts from pans; if desired, garnish each tart with three sugared cranberries and additional finely shredded orange peel. Serve immediately.
1. In a large mixing bowl combine whipping cream and vanilla paste. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until soft mounds form. Add powdered sugar; beat on high speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).