SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl stir together crushed cookies and the melted butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 10-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
2. In a medium saucepan combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in milk, the cut-up butter, and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; reduce heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and peppermint extract. Stir in the 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies just until combined.
3. Pour filling into cooled crust. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Place tart on a platter; cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
4. Using a small sharp knife, gently loosen edge of tart from sides of pan; remove sides from pan. Cut tart into wedges. Serve with Peppermint Whipped Cream and, if desired, additional crushed peppermint candies. Cover and store leftover tart in the refrigerator; serve within 48 hours.
1. In a medium mixing bowl combine whipping cream, powdered sugar, and peppermint extract. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).