SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Score an X into the top of the pomegranate. Break apart into quarters. Working in a bowl of cool water, immerse each quarter; use your fingers to loosen the seeds from the white membrane. Discard peel and membrane. Drain the seeds; set aside.
2. Cut each persimmon in half; remove core. Slice into 1/4- to 1/2-inch-thick slices.
3. In a large bowl combine mesclun and green onions. Drizzle 1/2 cup of the Pine Nut-Persimmon Vinaigrette over musclun; toss to coat.
4. To serve, arrange mesclun mixture on six chilled salad plates. Arrange persimmons and oranges on top of greens, tucking a few in and under leaves. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. Pass the remaining Pine Nut-Persimmon Vinaigrette.
1. Remove the core from one large ripe Fuyu persimmon; cut in half. Scoop out pulp (you should have about 1/3 cup), discarding skin. Place pulp in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Add olive oil, vinegar, pine nuts, orange peel, orange juice, honey, shallot, mustard, cinnamon, and black pepper. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Makes about 1-1/4 cups.