SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, the 1 tablespoon cinnamon, the salt, and baking soda. In another large bowl whisk together eggs and egg yolk. Add sugar, the 1 cup Homemade Applesauce, the buttermilk, and melted butter; whisk until well mixed. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture. Use your hands to mix together until all of the flour is moistened. Cover and chill dough about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
2. On a floured surface, roll out dough to a 1/2 inch thickness. Cut dough with a floured 2 1/2-inch doughnut cutter, rerolling dough as necessary. Fry doughnuts, two or three doughnuts and doughnut holes at a time, in deep hot oil (365 degrees F) for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden, turning once. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain.
3. Dip warm doughnuts and doughnut holes in Applesauce Icing. If desired, serve with whipped cream and/or additional applesauce; sprinkle with additional cinnamon and/or nutmeg. If desired, garnish with apple peel ribbons.
2. In a Dutch oven combine red cooking apples; granulated sugar; apple juice or apple cider; and ground cinnamon. Bring to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cook for 45 to 60 minutes or until apples are soft enough to puree. Transfer apple mixture to a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until sauce texture. (If you prefer, use a hand blender to puree the apple mixture.) Makes about 3 1/2 cups.
1. In a medium bowl combine powdered sugar, Homemade Applesauce or unsweetened applesauce, and water. Whisk together until smooth. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.