SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a small saucepan combine currants and brandy. Heat over medium heat just until warm. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Drain.
3. In a food processor* combine flour, 1/2 cup of the cheese, the baking powder, sugar, thyme, pepper, and salt; cover and pulse with several on/off turns to combine. Sprinkle butter pieces over flour mixture; cover and pulse with several on/off turns until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add drained currants; cover and pulse with several on/off turns to combine. With the motor running, slowly add whipping cream through the feed tube, processing just until combined.
4. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Quickly knead dough by folding and gently pressing for 10 to 12 strokes or just until dough holds together. Pat or lightly roll the dough to an 8-inch circle, about 3/4-inch thick. In a small bowl whisk together egg and the water; brush over dough circle. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Using a pizza cutter or floured sharp knife, cut dough circle into eight wedges. Cover and chill for 30 minutes to overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake in the preheated oven about 20 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.