SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Line three large cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together almonds, powdered sugar, and ginger; set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine egg whites, vanilla, and salt. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until frothy. Gradually add granulated sugar, about 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high speed just until soft peaks form (tips curl). Stir in nut mixture and food coloring.
3. Spoon mixture into a large decorating bag fitted with a large (about 1/2-inch) round tip.* Pipe 1 1/2-inch circles 1 inch apart onto the prepared cookie sheets. Let stand for 30 minutes before baking.
4. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Bake in the preheated oven for 9 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool on cookie sheets on wire racks. Carefully peel cookies off parchment paper.
5. In a small saucepan combine caramels and cream; heat and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Spread caramel mixture on bottoms of half of the cookies; immediately after spreading, sprinkle each with a little coarse sea salt. Top with the remaining cookies, bottom sides down.