SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For crust, in a medium bowl combine the 3/4 cup flour and the 3 tablespoons brown sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in pecans. Pat crumb mixture onto the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool crust on a wire rack while preparing filling.
2. For filling, in a very large bowl combine cream cheese and mascarpone cheese; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add the 3/4 cup brown sugar, the 1/2 cup maple syrup, the half-and-half, the 2 tablespoons flour, and the vanilla; beat until well mixed. Add eggs all at once; stir just until combined.
3. Pour filling into the crust-lined pan, spreading evenly. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until a 2 1/2- to 3-inch area around the outside edge appears set when gently shaken (center will be soft but will set up as cheesecake cools).
4. Cool in springform pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small thin knife, loosen crust from side of pan. Cool for 30 minutes more. Remove side of springform pan. Cool for 2 hours. Cover and chill for 4 to 8 hours.
5. To serve, top with Maple-Glazed Pears and Cranberries. If desired, top with whipped cream and/or drizzle with additional maple syrup.
1. In a heavy large skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add pears. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cranberries, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes more or just until pears are tender, stirring occasionally. Serve warm over cheesecake. (Or cover and chill for up to 2 days. Reheat before serving.)