SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For filling, in a large bowl combine eggs, corn syrup, granulated sugar, brown sugar, melted butter, bourbon, vanilla, and salt; mix well. Stir in mixed nuts and butterscotch pieces.
2. Prepare dough for Pastry for a Deep-Dish Pie. On a lightly floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten dough. Roll dough from center to edge into a 14-inch circle. Wrap pastry circle around rolling pin; unroll into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate without stretching it. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry. Crimp the edge high as desired.
3. Pour the filling into the pastry shell. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove from oven. Carefully spoon Honey-Nut Topping evenly over pie. Bake about 10 minutes more or until topping is bubbly.
4. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill in the refrigerator within 2 hours.
1. In a medium bowl stir together flour and salt. Using pastry blender, cut in shortening and butter until pieces are pea size.
2. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the water over part of the flour mixture; toss with a fork. Push moistened pastry to side of bowl. Repeat moistening flour mixture, using 1 tablespoon of the water at a time, until flour mixture is moistened. Gather flour mixture into a ball, kneading gently until it holds together.
3. On a lightly floured surface use your hands to slightly flatten pastry. Roll pastry from center to edges into a circle about 12 inches in diameter.
4. Wrap pastry circle around the rolling pin. Unroll into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate without stretching it.
5. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry even with the plate's edge. Crimp edge as desired. Do not prick pastry. Fill and bake as directed in recipes.
1. In a small saucepan combine packed brown sugar, butter, and honey. Bring to boiling, stirring constantly; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in dry roasted mixed nuts.