SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare Pastry for Deep-Dish Pie. On a lightly floured surface, slightly flatten dough. Roll dough from center to edge into a 13-inch circle. Wrap pastry circle around rolling pin; unroll into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate without stretching it. Trim pastry to 1 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry. Crimp edge high to keep filling from bubbling over. Do not prick pastry.
2. For filling, in a large bowl combine pumpkin, sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt. Add eggs; beat lightly with a fork until combined. Gradually stir in milk until combined.
3. Place pastry-lined pie plate on oven rack. Carefully pour filling into pastry shell. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil. Bake for 30 minutes; remove foil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes more or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
4. Cool on a wire rack for 1 to 2 hours. Serve cooled pie, or cover and chill until serving time. If desired, top with Maple Whipped Cream.
1. In a medium bowl stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cold water over part of the flour mixture; toss gently with a fork. Push moistened dough to side of bowl. Repeat with additional cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until all of the flour mixture is moistened. Shape into a ball.
1. In a medium bowl combine whipping cream and maple syrup. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).