SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Line three large cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together almonds, powdered sugar, and spice; set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine egg whites, vanilla, and salt. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until frothy. Gradually add granulated sugar, about 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high speed just until soft peaks form (tips curl). Stir in nut mixture and food colorings.
3. Spoon mixture into a large decorating bag fitted with a large (about 1/2-inch) round tip.* Pipe 1-1/2-inch circles 1 inch apart onto the prepared cookie sheets. Let stand for 30 minutes before baking.
4. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool on cookie sheets on wire racks. Carefully peel cookies off parchment paper.
5. Spread pumpkin butter on bottoms of half of the cookies. Top with the remaining cookies, bottom sides down.