SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact if desired. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. In a large bowl combine shrimp and 1/2 teaspoon of the Cajun seasoning; toss gently to coat. Set aside.
2. In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet or large oven-going skillet, cook sweet peppers, celery, and onion in hot oil over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently. Add shrimp and garlic. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque.
3. Stir in black-eyed peas, tomatoes, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning. Spread mixture in an even layer. Drop Corn Bread Dumplings into eight mounds on top of shrimp mixture.
4. Bake, uncovered, for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centers of dumplings comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
1. In a medium bowl stir together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl combine egg, milk, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.