SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a medium bowl combine strawberries, marmalade, and crystallized ginger. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 to 60 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil (or lightly grease a baking sheet); set aside.
3. In a large bowl stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in the 10 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the 3/4 cup of the cream, stirring with a fork just until moistened. (If necessary, stir in additional cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, to moisten.)
4. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Gently knead for four to six strokes or just until a ball forms. Pat or lightly roll dough until about 1/2 inch thick. Using a floured 3-inch round biscuit cutter, cut dough into eight circles, dipping cutter into flour between cuts to prevent sticking. Place dough circles on prepared baking sheet. Brush tops with the 2 tablespoons melted butter. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden. Brush with any remaining melted butter. Cool shortcakes on a wire rack.
5. In a medium bowl combine the 1 cup cream, sugar, and orange peel. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed just until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).
6. To serve, split shortcakes in two. Spoon strawberry mixture over bottoms of shortcakes. Top with whipped cream; replace tops of shortcakes.