SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine milk, water, butter, and salt. Bring to boiling. Add flour all at once, stirring vigorously. Cook and stir until mixture forms a ball that doesn't separate. Remove from heat. Cool for 10 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well with a wooden spoon after each addition.
3. Drop 12 mounds of dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a moistened finger, smooth any rough peaks in the tops of the cream puffs.
4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and firm; cool. Cut tops from cream puffs; remove soft dough from insides.For cherry filling::
5. Place the thawed cherries in a sieve over a 2-cup measuring cup. Drain the cherries, reserving cherry juice. Add enough water to reserved cherry juice to make 2 cups liquid; set the cherries aside. In a large saucepan, stir together sugar and cornstarch. Stir in cherry-juice mixture, kirsch, and red food coloring. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and cherries. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until thoroughly chilled.
6. Before serving, spoon cherry filling into cream puffs. Replace tops. Spoon melted chocolate over cream puffs.