SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Place a baking stone on the lowest oven rack;* preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl combine egg, bread crumbs, Romano cheese, milk, marjoram, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Add ground beef; mix well. Shape into 1-inch meatballs.
3. In a large skillet cook meatballs in hot oil over medium-high heat until no longer pink (160 degrees F), turning to brown evenly. Drain on paper towels. Cool slightly; cut in half.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of Pizza Dough into a rough 10-inch circle.
5. Sprinkle a baking sheet or pizza peel with cornmeal. Place a dough circle on baking sheet or peel. (When the baking sheet or peel is moved back and forth, the dough should move freely.) Top pizza with half of the Simple Pizza Sauce and half of the provolone cheese; sprinkle with half of the meatballs, half of the sweet pepper, and half of the onion. Use the baking sheet or peel to transfer pizza to preheated baking stone.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Use the baking sheet or peel to transfer pizza to a cutting board. Repeat with the remaining dough and toppings. To serve, cut into wedges.
1. In a medium saucepan cook onion, garlic, minced, hot olive oil over medium heat about 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato sauce; marjoram, salt, and red pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
1. In a small bowl combine warm water, oil, yeast, and sugar, stirring to dissolve yeast. Let stand about 10 minutes or until foamy.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine 1 cup of the flour and the salt. Stir yeast mixture into flour mixture until smooth. Stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can.
3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough that is smooth but just slightly sticky (3 to 5 minutes total).
4. Shape dough into a ball. Place in a lightly greased bowl, turning once to grease surface. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 45 minutes).
5. Punch dough down. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide in half. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Use as directed in individual recipes.