SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Generously grease foil; set aside. In a large bowl stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking power, and salt; set aside.
2. In an extra-large bowl combine sugar and melted butter. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until well mixed. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Add flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition (batter will be thick). Spread batter evenly in prepared baking pan.
3. In a large microwave-safe bowl combine caramels and milk. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 1-1/4 to 2 minutes or until caramels are melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in 1/2 cup of the hazelnuts and the liqueur. Drizzle caramel mixture over batter in pan.
4. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate pieces. Let stand about 2 minutes or until chocolate is softened. Spread chocolate over brownies. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup hazelnuts.
5. Cool in pan on a wire rack. (If necessary, chill until chocolate is set.) Using edges of foil, lift brownies out of pan. Cut into bars.