SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet; set aside. In a medium bowl combine flour, the 1/4 cup sugar, the baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in center of flour mixture. In a small bowl combine egg, sour cream, and milk. Add to flour mixture all at once, stirring with a fork just until moistened.
2. Drop dough into eight mounds on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Transfer shortcakes to a wire rack and let cool.
3. Meanwhile, combine 4 cups of the strawberries and the 3 tablespoons sugar. If desired, use a potato masher to mash berries slightly; set aside.
4. To serve, cut shortcakes in half horizontally. Spoon strawberry mixture and Sweetened Whipped Cream over shortcake bottoms. Replace shortcake tops. Top with remaining sliced strawberries.
1. In a chilled bowl combine whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).