SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Heat a dry griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Toast peppers on hot griddle about 1 minute or until fragrant, turning frequently.
2. Cut open dried peppers;* discard stems and seeds. Cut peppers into small pieces. In a medium bowl, combine pepper pieces and enough boiling water to cover. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes; drain.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook about 3 minutes or until tender.
4. In a blender or food processor, combine soaked peppers, onion mixture, vinegar, sugar, oregano, cumin, and salt. Add about half of the canned chicken broth. Cover and blend until nearly smooth. Add the remaining broth from the can; blend until broth is incorporated.
5. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve; discard seeds and skins.
6. Add strained mixture to skillet. Simmer for 10 minutes to mellow flavors, stirring constantly. If desired, add additional broth to thin sauce to desired consistency.