SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Position rack in center of oven; preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large oven proof skillet with a tight-fitting lid, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in ancho chili powder, paprika, and cumin; cook and stir for 1 minute more (if necessary, reduce heat to prevent spices from burning).
3. Add tomato sauce, broth, and oregano to skillet; bring mixture to boiling. Sprinkle salt and pepper on all sides of chicken; nestle chicken in the tomato mixture. Cover skillet with lid; place skillet in the oven.
4. Bake chicken about 40 minutes or until tender, turning chicken pieces once halfway through baking time. Remove chicken from tomato mixture; set aside to cool slightly.
5. Place skillet with tomato mixture on range top over medium heat. Simmer tomato mixture, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally (mixture may spatter as it thickens; reduce heat as necessary). Remove pan from heat.
6. Cut chicken into bite-size strips. Return chicken to tomato mixture, stirring to coat.