SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water; let stand for 5 minutes. Add dry milk, the 1/3 cup butter, 1/3 cup honey, eggs, wheat germ, and salt. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Add 2 cups of the white whole wheat flour. Beat on low to medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in remaining white whole wheat flour and as much of the bread flour as you can.
2. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining bread flour to make a moderately soft dough that is smooth and elastic (about 6 minutes). Shape dough into a ball. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, turning once to grease surface of the dough. Cover; let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 1 hour).
3. Punch dough down. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Cover; let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.For filling::
4. In a small bowl, cover raisins with cold water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain well. In a medium bowl, whisk together the 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup honey and orange peel until creamy and well combined.
5. Roll dough into an 18x15-inch rectangle. Spread the butter-honey mixture to within 1/2 inch of the edges. Sprinkle with raisins. Roll up rectangle, starting from a long side. Seal seams. Slice roll into 15 pieces. Arrange, cut sides down, in prepared pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (about 30 minutes).
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake about 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven. Cool for 1 minute. Carefully invert rolls onto a wire rack. Cool slightly. Invert again onto a serving platter. Drizzle with Orange Icing.
1. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and finely shredded orange peel. Stir in enough orange juice to reach drizzling consistency.