SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Allow eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom and side of a 9-inch springform pan. Line bottom with parchment paper; grease paper. Sprinkle bottom and side of pan with granulated sugar; sprinkle with flour. Set pan aside.
2. In an extra-large bowl combine eggs and the 3/4 cup granulated sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed for 15 minutes. With mixer running, gradually add oil in a thin, steady stream (this should take about 2 minutes). Immediately turn off mixer after all oil has been added. Sift the 1-1/3 cups cake flour over egg mixture; fold in gently.
3. Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Place springform pan on a baking sheet. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
4. To serve, remove cake from pan; remove parchment paper. Cut cake into 10-12 wedges. Spoon Strawberry Vin Santo Sauce onto 10 to 12 dessert plates. Place cake wedges on top of sauce. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar and, if desired, garnish with strawberries.
1. In a blender or food processor combine fresh strawberries, granulated sugar, and Vin Santo, other sweet white wine, or cream sherry. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours.