SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. For Thai sauce, in a small bowl combine sweet-and-sour sauce, snipped basil, Thai seasoning, and garlic. Reserve 1/4 cup of the sauce to use for basting. Stir brown sugar (if desired) and melted butter into the remaining sauce; cover and set aside.
2. Cut ends off pineapple, exposing the flesh. Cut pineapple in half lengthwise; cut each half crosswise into four slices. Lightly coat pineapple slices with cooking spray or brush with oil. Set aside.
3. Thread chicken onto four 10- to 12-inch metal skewers, leaving 1/4 inch between pieces.
4. For a charcoal grill, grill skewers on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning occasionally and brushing with the 1/4 cup reserved sauce during the first half of grilling. Discard any remaining reserved sauce. Grill pineapple slices for 6 to 8 minutes or until warm and grill marks appear, turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place skewers then pineapple on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as directed.)
5. Serve chicken and pineapple with the reserved Thai sauce and hot cooked rice, if desired. If desired, garnish with basil shreds and chile pepper slices.