SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Line twenty-two to twenty-six 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups*; set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Divide cake batter evenly among three bowls. Stir vanilla into batter in one bowl. Stir cocoa powder and melted chocolate into batter in second bowl. Stir in strawberry preserves and enough red food coloring to turn batter in third bowl pink.
3. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the strawberry batter into the bottom of each prepared muffin cup. Add 1 tablespoon chocolate batter to each muffin cup. Top each muffin cup with 1 tablespoon vanilla batter. (Cups will be one-half to two-thirds full.)
4. Bake about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely.
5. Tint half of the Ice Cream Frosting pink with red food coloring. Spoon pink and white frostings side by side into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe frosting over cupcakes to look like soft-serve ice cream; decorate as desired. Chill until ready to serve. Makes 22 to 26 (2-1/2-inch) cupcakes.
1. Allow cream cheese and butter to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. If using, allow ice cream to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Beat in ice cream, if using, or whipping cream to reach piping consistency. Chill until ready to use.