SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside. Spread half of the Chocolate Butter Frosting onto Pumpkin Cupcakes. In a microwave-safe bowl microwave 1/2 cup of the chocolate frosting on 100 percent power (high) for 10 to 20 seconds or until mixture has thinned, stirring every 5 seconds. Stick toothpicks into uncut tops of marshmallow halves. Dip marshmallow halves into melted frosting, turning to coat; let excess drip off into bowl. (If frosting thickens, microwave for a few seconds more.) Place marshmallows, pick ends up, on prepared baking sheet. Carefully remove picks. Let stand until set.
2. Cut a small slit in the center of each marshmallow half. For beak, insert a candy corn into each slit, with pointed end sticking out. Using decorating gel, carefully pipe a turkey wattle up and over each beak. Place a coated marshmallow half slightly off-center on each frosted cupcake. For feathers, break wafers into pieces; insert pieces into each cupcake in a half circle around the marshmallow head.
3. Place Creamy White Frosting in a heavy resealable plastic bag; seal. Snip a small piece from one corner. Pipe small rounds on the marshmallows for eyes. Press a miniature chocolate piece into each white round. Place remaining chocolate frosting in a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe chocolate frosting around the edges of marshmallow heads. For the feet, press two gumdrop halves below the head on each of the cupcakes.
4. Place the remaining 1/4 cup white frosting in a second heavy resealable plastic bag; seal. Snip a small piece from one corner. Pipe small rounds on the marshmallows for eyes. Press a miniature chocolate piece into each white round. Place remaining brown frosting in a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe chocolate frosting around the edges of marshmallow pieces. Makes 12 (2-1/2 inch) cupcakes.
1. Line twenty-four 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside. Prepare yellow cake mix according to package directions, except use water and oil. Stir canned pumpkin, sour cream, and pumpkin pie spice into batter. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each two-thirds to three-fourths full. Bake as directed for cupcakes. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks. Makes 24 (2-1/2-inch) cupcakes.
1. In a large mixing bowl beat shortening, vanilla, and almond extract with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add 2 cups of the powdered sugar, beating well. Add 2 tablespoons of the milk. Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar. Gradually add milk until frosting reaches a spreading consistency. Makes about 3 cups.
1. In a very large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in cocoa powder. Gradually add 2 cups powdered sugar, beating well. Slowly beat in 1/2 cup milk and anilla. Gradually beat in an additional 6 cups powdered sugar. Beat in additional milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, as needed to reach spreading consistency. Makes enough to frost tops and sides of two 8- or 9-inch layers.