SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Place Airheads candies on waxed paper. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 5 seconds. Flatten candies and cut into ribbons; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl combine half of the Creamy White Frosting and enough food coloring to make desired color. Stir until well mixed. Place the tinted frosting in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 20 to 30 seconds or just until melted. Stir well and set aside to cool slightly.
3. Meanwhile, frost cupcakes with some of the remaining white frosting. Lightly cover; set aside.
4. When melted frosting is cooled but still pourable, hold each ice cream cone over the bowl and spoon melted frosting over cone to cover, allowing excess to drip into bowl. Place frosted ice cream cones, pointed ends up, on a wire rack set over waxed paper. While frosting on cones is still wet, decorate cones with sprinkles. Press one end of a taffy ribbon into the top of each cone, letting ribbon spiral down cone. Chill cones in refrigerator about 30 minutes or until firm. Place some of the white frosting into a pastry bag fitted with a round tip; pipe designs on cones. Let cones dry completely.
5. Place cones on top of frosted cupcakes, pressing into frosting to secure. Arrange small decorative candies around bottoms of cones. Makes 12 (2-1/2-inch) cupcakes.
1. In a large mixing bowl beat shortening, vanilla, and almond extract with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add 2 cups of the powdered sugar, beating well. Add 2 tablespoons of the milk. Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar. Gradually add milk until frosting reaches a spreading consistency. Makes about 3 cups.