SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a small saucepan heat chocolate and shortening over low heat until melted, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, place ice cream cones, pointed ends up, on a wire rack set over waxed paper. Spoon some of the melted chocolate over each cone. Use a small metal spatula or butter knife to spread chocolate to coat all of the outsides of the cones. Sprinkle with edible glitter. Let stand until set. If necessary, chill cones in the refrigerator about 30 minutes or until set.
2. Cut each pound cake in half horizontally and lay halves flat. Using a 1-3/4-inch round cookie cutter, cut 12 rounds from the pound cakes (save cake scraps for another use).
3. Tint half of the frosting green and half black with food colorings. Frost cupcakes with black frosting. Frost sides of pound cake rounds with green frosting. Place pound cake rounds on the tops of cupcakes. (If necessary, press long wooden picks through centers of cupcakes to help hold pound cake pieces in place while frosting.) Frost tops of pound cake rounds with green frosting. (If using wooden picks, remove them.)
4. Sprinkle toasted coconut around backs and sides to resemble hair. Place a chocolate wafer cookie on top of each frosted pound cake round; place chocolate-coated cone on top of wafer cookie, using melted chocolate to attach, if necessary. Place several green log-shape candies on a sheet of waxed paper. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) about 10 seconds or just until softened. Cut off pieces of the softened candy and shape into long, pointy, hooked noses. Use the remaining softened candy to make warts. Push noses into faces (if necessary, use a toothpick to start the hole). Add warts. Use frosting to secure all.
5. Fit the tube of white frosting with a round tip; pipe the bases of the eyes on cupcakes. Fit the tube of black frosting with a round tip; pipe a pupil onto each eye. Pipe black arched evil eyebrows over eyes and draw a mouth. Place several yellow log-shape candies on a sheet of waxed paper. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) about 10 seconds or just until softened. Cut tiny pieces from yellow candy for teeth; use frosting to secure onto cupcakes, creating a snaggletooth look. Makes 12 (2-1/2-inch) cupcakes.