SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Split cookies in half. Remove and discard filling. Using a serrated knife, cut three sides from each of 12 of the cookie halves to make tombstone shapes. Crush remaining cookies and trimmings. Place about 1/4 cup of the Creamy White Frosting in a heavy resealable plastic bag; seal. Snip off a small piece from one corner. On the flat sides of tombstones, pipe RIP, BOO!, or other messages.
2. Place a sheet of waxed paper on a large baking sheet. In a small microwave-safe bowl microwave candy coating on 100 percent power (high) for 30 seconds. Stir; microwave for 20 to 30 seconds more or until completely melted. Place in a heavy resealable plastic bag; seal. Snip off a small piece from one corner. On the prepared baking sheet pipe 12 small leafless trees, each 3 to 4 inches tall (make them thick so they won't break when hardened). If desired, make extra trees in case one or two break. Chill in the refrigerator until chocolate hardens.
3. Meanwhile, generously frost tops of cupcakes. Carefully insert a cookie tombstone into frosting on each cupcake. Use a toothpick or wooden skewer to make a small hole in each cupcake top. Carefully peel chocolate trees from waxed paper and insert into holes on cupcake tops; if necessary, use frosting to secure trees. If desired, place a candy pumpkin on top of some of the cupcakes.
4. If desired, tint about 1/4 cup frosting with green food coloring. Place in a heavy resealable plastic bag; seal. Snip off a small piece from one corner. Using quick upward motions, pipe grass accents on either side of the tombstones and around tree and on pumpkins. Sprinkle cupcakes with the crushed cookies. Serve immediately or store at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours. Makes 12 (2-1/2-inch) cupcakes.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line twenty-four 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups. Place chocolate sandwich cookies in a resealable plastic bag; use a rolling pin or the flat side of a meat mallet to coarsely crush cookies. Prepare cake mix according to package directions, except use milk in place of the water. Stir crushed cookies into cake batter. Fill muffin cups; bake as directed for cupcakes. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks.