SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Set aside 1/3 cup of the Creamy White Frosting. Frost tops of cupcakes with the remaining frosting.
2. For houses, cut 2-inch pieces from chocolate-covered peanut butter wafer sandwiches. At top of each piece make an angled cut on each side to create a place to attach roof. For each roof, cut two 3/4-inch pieces of granola bar; gently press onto angle cuts on a wafer sandwich piece. If necessary, attach with frosting.* Frost roof as desired.
3. Add shredded wheat for doors and candies for doorknobs, using frosting to attach.
4. Carefully place houses on cupcakes. Decorate with fresh herb sprigs as desired, using rosemary sprigs for evergreen trees and other herb sprigs for garlands. Use frosting to attach pieces of ginger to each roof to create a chimney. If desired, sprinkle tops of cupcakes with edible glitter for snow. Makes 12 (2-1/2-inch) cupcakes.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line twenty-seven 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside. Prepare cake mix according to package directions, except omit one of the eggs. Add pumpkin pie spice and ginger to the cake mix. Add molasses and vinegar with the eggs. Fill muffin cups; bake according to package directions for cupcakes. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks.
1. In a large mixing bowl beat shortening, vanilla, and almond extract with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add 2 cups of the powdered sugar, beating well. Add 2 tablespoons of the milk. Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar. Gradually add milk until frosting reaches a spreading consistency. Makes about 3 cups.