SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Spread tops of cupcakes with a thin layer of Creamy White Frosting. Set aside to dry.
2. Divide white rolled fondant into several portions. If desired, leave one portion of fondant white. (Keep fondant covered with plastic wrap when not using.) Use a toothpick to add a small amount of food coloring to a each of the remaining portions of fondant. Knead fondant until color is evenly distributed.*** Add more food coloring as needed to get desired shade
3. On a flat surface lightly dusted with powdered sugar, roll out one portion of the fondant to 1/8-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch cookie cutter or a sharp knife, cut out circles to fit tops of cupcakes. Place fondant circles on tops of frosted cupcakes, gently molding them over the edges of cupcake tops and smoothing the edges of fondant. Repeat with other colors of fondant, cutting out a total of 12 circles.
4. Reroll scraps to 1/4-inch thickness or thinner. Use a fluted pastry wheel or knife to cut strips and a straw or pastry tip to cut dots or small circles out of the fondant scraps. Lightly moisten backs of strips and dots with water; attach them to fondant-covered cupcakes. To give cupcakes a three-dimensional effect, curve strips slightly.
5. For ornament hangers, bend a licorice piece in half and insert ends into the top of a gumdrop half; attach hangers to cupcakes with frosting. If desired, brush cupcakes with luster dust for shine. Makes 12 (2-1/2-inch) cupcakes.
1. In a large mixing bowl beat shortening, vanilla, and almond extract with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add 2 cups of the powdered sugar, beating well. Add 2 tablespoons of the milk. Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar. Gradually add milk until frosting reaches a spreading consistency. Makes about 3 cups.