SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Set aside 1 cup of the Creamy White Frosting. Spread the remaining 1 cup frosting on the Fruit Cupcakes. Tint the reserved frosting yellow, pink, or blue. (Or divide frosting and tint one portion each color.) Place the tinted frosting(s) in disposable pastry bag(s) fitted with small star tip(s). Set aside.
2. For bibs, on a surface dusted lightly with powdered sugar, roll out fondant* to 1/8-inch thickness. Use a 2-1/2-inch smooth or scalloped round cutter to cut out 12 large circles. Use a 1-inch round cutter to cut a small circle near the top of each of the 2-1/2-inch circles; discard small circles. Pace fondant bibs about 1/4 inch from the top edges of cupcakes.
3. Use tinted frosting(s) to pipe dots, ruffles, and bow ties on bib edges. Decorate with colored sugars and/or sprinkles. Makes 12 (2-1/2 inch) cupcakes.
1. Line twenty-four 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups. Prepare white cake mix according to package directions, except use apple juice in place of the water. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each two-thirds to three-fourths full. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out batter in cups. Bake according to package directions for cupcakes. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks. Makes 24 (2-1/2-inch) cupcakes.
1. In a large mixing bowl beat shortening, vanilla, and almond extract with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add 2 cups of the powdered sugar, beating well. Add 2 tablespoons of the milk. Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar. Gradually add milk until frosting reaches a spreading consistency. Makes about 3 cups.