SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. For filling, in a small saucepan combine dried cranberries, raisins, and orange juice; bring to boiling over medium heat. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 10 minutes. Transfer cranberry mixture to a large bowl; stir in fresh cranberries, the 1 cup sugar, the orange peel, and flour.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare and roll out Pastry for Lattice-Top Pie. Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry circle.
3. Transfer cranberry mixture to the pastry-lined pie plate. Trim bottom pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Continue as directed for Pastry for Lattice-Top Pie. Brush top pastry with the beaten egg and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
4. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Bake pie for 30 to 35 minutes more or until filling is bubbly and pastry is golden. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before cutting. Makes 8 slices.For Lattice-Top::
5. Lay half of the pastry strips over the filling at 1-inch intervals. For Quick Lattice Top, instead of weaving strips, lay remaining pastry strips at 1-inch intervals perpendicular to the first strips. Before crimping edges, roll the bottom pastry up over the pastry strip ends to seal.