SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Prepare Pastry for Single-Crust Pie. On a lightly floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten dough. Roll dough from center to edge into a 12-inch circle. Wrap pastry circle around rolling pin; unroll into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate without stretching it. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry. Crimp edge as desired. Prick bottom and side of pastry with a fork. Line pastry with a double thickness of foil. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes more or until pastry is golden. Cool on a wire rack.
2. In a small saucepan combine chocolate and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Add cream cheese and liqueur. Cook and stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in the 1/4 cup powdered sugar.
3. Spread chocolate mixture in bottom of baked pastry shell. Arrange strawberries, stemmed ends down, on chocolate layer. Brush berries with melted jelly. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
4. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with whipped cream. Makes 8 servings.
1. In a medium bowl stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening until pieces are pea size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cold water over part of flour mixture; toss gently with a fork. Push moistened dough to side of bowl. Repeat with additional cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time (4 to 5 tablespoons total), until all of the flour mixture is moistened. Shape into a ball.