SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare Rich Tart Pastry. On a lightly floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten dough. Roll dough from center to edge into an 11-inch circle. Wrap pastry circle around rolling pin; unroll into a 9-inch tart pan that has a removable bottom. Ease pastry into pan without stretching it. Press pastry into fluted side of tart pan; trim edge. Do not prick pastry. Line pastry with a double thickness of foil. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes more or until light brown. Cool slightly on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
2. Meanwhile, prepare Creamy Butterscotch Sauce. Transfer 1-1/4 cups of the warm sauce to a medium bowl. Add pecans, chocolate pieces, and butterscotch pieces, stirring until pieces are melted. Spread mixture evenly in baked tart shell. Bake about 15 minutes or until edge of filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
3. Remove side of tart pan. Serve tart with remaining sauce, and, if desired, whipped cream and chocolate curls. Makes 12 servings.
1. In a medium bowl stir together flour and sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until pieces are pea size. In a small bowl combine egg yolks and ice water. Add egg yolk mixture to flour mixture, stirring with a fork just until moistened. Using your fingers, gently knead mixture just until a ball forms. Cover and chill for 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
1. In a medium heavy saucepan melt butter over low heat, stirring frequently. Increase heat to medium. Stir in corn syrup, sugar, dark brown sugar, water, and salt. Bring to boiling, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Carefully stir in whipping cream and vanilla. Makes about 2-2/3 cups.