SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a large bowl stir together flour, the 1 tablespoon sugar, nutmeg, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in the 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, just until dough starts to form. Knead gently for four to five strokes. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
2. On a lightly floured surface roll dough into a 12-inch circle. Transfer pastry to a 10-inch tart pan. Press pastry into fluted side of pan; trim pastry even with rim. Freeze for 20 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prick bottom and side of pastry with a fork. Line pastry with double thickness of foil. Place on a baking sheet. Bake about 15 minutes or until pastry is set. Remove foil. Bake about 10 minutes more or until pastry is light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
4. Place sliced banana in baked pastry shell. Top with pecans. In a small bowl combine eggs, the 1/2 cup sugar, melted butter, and vanilla. Carefully pour over banana and pecans.
5. Bake about 30 minutes or until filling is set and slightly puffed. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. If desired, drizzle with caramel topping and serve with ice cream. Makes 8 servings.